A Warm Welcome to The
Anglo European College Hypnotherapist Development Hub
The Ultimate Hypnotherapist Resource!
The Anglo European College Hypnotherapist Development Hub
An online members area with live weekly offerings aimed at educating, developing and supporting hypnotherapists.
Extensive Digital Resources
Educational training videos available to stream, including our diploma course, advanced diploma, hypnotic coaching course, rapid inductions and hypnotic phenomena seminars, science of self-hypnosis seminars, cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy certificate, and numerous additional lectures on a wide range of hypnotherapy topics.
Monthly Specialist Live Lecture.
Including a range of specialist lectures from academics, authors, researchers and experienced clinicians. Attend live and get to ask questions and interact with leaders in the field, but if you are unable to attend live, the recording will be posted the following day for you to access and revisit.
This will count as meeting your official CPD quota with most major hypnotherapy associations if you attend half of these each year.
Monthly Group Supervision
You can attend and receive supervision from and with me (adam Eason), or you can join the supervision group just to observe without interaction to learn and develop accordingly. The hub will equip you with guidance for the way we conduct the supervision in the most effective fashion and will include official structured forms and resources.
These sessions will count as your official supervision requirement with the UKHC, GHR and NCH (as well as meet the requirements for most other professional hypnotherapy member organisations).
Peer Support Group.
We used to run a regular group here locally that was very well attended and lots of you asked for more of that. In particular though, this will have a focus upon hypnotherapist business building – there’ll be a monthly presentation with a live discussion afterwards. This will include coaching, support, guidance and regular expert speakers.
There will also be additional lectures and presentations of my own that I have recorded through the years adding to the business development section.
Therapeutic Forms Depository
You will have access to and be able to download from a huge number of therapeutic forms used in cognitive behavioural, mindfulness based and ACT approaches to therapy.
As a member, you’ll have an ongoing 25-50% discount to any courses you wish to attend with the college.
We’ll also be holding regular live skills practice sessions – which is a great chance for trainees to meet up and practice, and for graduates and seasoned hypnotherapists to hone skills and stay sharp.
Whether you’ve trained with us previously or not, you’ll be warmly welcomed to these relaxed sessions and you’ll get a chance to receive structured feedback with your work using the systems we put in place.
In addition there is an online support and discussion group as a place to regularly discuss hub activity, ask questions, and enjoy the vibrant community of like-minded people.
As a member, you won’t have to worry about where to look for your CPD requirements, you’ll have your supervision requirements met, you’ll have access to resources unavailable anywhere else, as well as LOTS of training videos and materials.
I’m aiming for this to offer a great deal of ongoing resource, support, guidance and importantly professional development to all who are part of it. For those looking to be part of something, and joining an amazing cause too, it will create a great community of us evidence based hypnotherapists seeking to raise standards in this field, seeking to shake off myth and misinformation, seeking to examine and understand the science, the research, the literature that informs this field with a view to improving what we do and ultimately achieving greater results with our clients.
We Want To Develop Hypnotherapy Leaders
Developing The Field
Perceived More Favourably by the General Public
This online membership offers you the depth of training, comprehensive resources and many years of experience and research
by Adam Eason and his team.
Updated Frequently To Give You
The Latest Developments in Hypnotherapy Research and Education
(Either £25.00 per month or £250.00 per year. Use PayPal link below or get in touch if you prefer to pay via standing order/bank transfer)
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“The most inspirational trainer in clinical and
scientific evidence based hypnotherapy in the UK today. Do not waste your money training anywhere else if you are serious about hypnotherapy.”
ADVANCED CLINICAL HYPNOTHERAPY PRACTITIONER. PHD RESEARCHER
DR. KEN CHUI
“If only Clinical Hypnotherapy as so skillfully
and passionately taught by Adam Eason is available on prescription on the NHS, we will be saving millions of much needed funds that could be directed to other services.”
GP WITH SPECIAL INTEREST IN INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE, NHS
“Adam Eason is more than a master practitioner of Hypnosis, Hypnotherapy and NLP, he is an Oracle. If you are prepared to develop a firm interest in this field, or even for your own personal advancement in life, then Adam’s courses are not one to miss!”
“Adam Eason delivers high quality, thought provoking and, above all, field-tested hypnotherapy training. His playful yet professional manner engages the listener in such a way that time flies while you learn. Personally, I could listen and watch him all day.”
PROFESSIONAL OPPORTUNIST, SPEAKER, AUTHOR, PERFORMER
As a member you have access to:
VIDEO FOOTAGE OF ALL OF THE FOLLOWING COMPREHENSIVE COURSES:
Our ten module, 20 day Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma, our 10 day Advanced Hypnotherapy Diploma, our 5 day Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy certification course, our 5 day Hypnotic Coaching course, Adam’s 8 week Business Development for hypnotherapists academy which includes his 6 week Book Writing Webinar series.
VIDEO FOOTAGE OF THE FOLLOWING SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS:
Our Rapid Inductions Seminar (several versions of this including archive footage of it being run with James Brown and more recent versions of Adam teaching it according to modern research findings), our Science Of Self-Hypnosis Seminar (the most recent version recorded this year informed by Adam’s research findings and published academic papers), specialist Pain Seminar, specialist Weight Control Seminar, footage of specialist lectures taken in a variety of countries at differing conventions and conferences covering a range of topics – from the science of placebo, the neuroscience of hypnosis to sports hypnosis, using hypnosis in surgery… and much MORE
First and foremost, with this membership you get many hours of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Training video footage filmed during numerous live trainings delivered by Adam.
There is currently over 450 hours of video footage available in this hypnotherapy educational membership area and we add to it regularly. As our members experience, we are very busy creating new updated material all the time. At this college, we are passionate about the subject and are constantly studying developments in the field and updating our training courses and offerings accordingly. Our members are at the very forefront of the hypnosis and hypnotherapy field, are familiar with it’s literature and up to date with it’s latest findings. it is all delivered with Adam’s reputed quirky, wicked and dry sense of humour that makes for fun filled and stimulating study.
ITEMS ARE BEING ADDED ALL THE TIME BUT CURRENTLY THIS IS THE STATE OF PLAY …
- All 10 modules of Adam’s clinical hypnotherapy diploma course filmed during an intensive diploma course.
- All 10 modules of Adam’s monthly hypnotherapy diploma course (two lots of this – from two separate recent academic years).
- All five days of Adam’s cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy certification course.
- All ten days of Adam’s advanced hypnotherapy diploma.
- All five days of Adam’s hypnotic coaching certification course.
- Rapid inductions seminar videos – over 15 inductions demonstrated by Adam and James brown at a London venue.
- Hypnotic phenomena videos – a range of hypnotic phenomena demonstrated by Adam and James brown at a live Bournemouth seminar.
- Recent evidence based rapid inductions and hypnotic phenomena video footage.
- 3 separate sets of footage of Adam’s Science of self-hypnosis seminar including his most recent, highly research informed seminar.
- Numerous videos of additional, issue specific lectures Adam and others have delivered at his college.
- Video footage of Adam’s UK Hypnosis convention lecture on the science of placebo.
- Adam’s lecture on the neuroscience of hypnosis and how it effects the brain.
- Adam’s lecture delivered in Denmark on challenging the received wisdom of the hypnotherapy field.
- Adam’s specialist lectures on using hypnotherapy to treat a number of medical issues.
- Jill Harrington’s lecture on counselling skills for hypnotherapists.
- Mark Chappell’s specialist pain workshop.
- Lindsay Shepherd’s weight management masterclass.
- Adam’s central London lecture and powerful demonstration on the subject of self-hypnosis.
- Some rare video clips from the archives, including Adam demonstrating a wide range of hypnotic phenomena.
All 51 archived episodes of Adam’s evidence based hypnosis podcast recorded back in 2010 and 2011 which caused a lot of controversy and is not available anywhere else today.
Video footage of Adam Eason presenting his infamous lecture dispelling the myths and misconceptions of hypnosis as still taught by many frontline hypnotherapy training schools, this particular lecture recording was recorded in Denmark.
Video footage of Adam lecturing about self-hypnosis for immune functioning and advanced endurance in Iceland.
A comprehensive section on one of Adam’s areas of expertise “Hypnosis for Running” including a full narrated version of his hypnosis for running book, a comprehensive webinar series, his 16 week audio programme – containing a huge amount of resources for anyone interested in hypnosis for sports and in particular endurance sports.
- There is much more also.
- Plus: lifetime members get everything that we ever add for no additional fee!
PLUS – ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE ONLINE TRAINING AND SEMINARS FOR HYPNOTHERAPISTS.
OK – THAT WAS THE SUMMARY – BUT HERE IS AN ATTEMPT TO GIVE YOU SOME FULLER INFORMATION
We want to give you a taste of what is included and this page aims to give you a flavour of what’s inside – though it is incredibly comprehensive and so hard to give an equally comprehensive account in a single web page such as this – therefore, if you have questions or queries about it, get in touch with us and we’ll answer as thoroughly and as rapidly as possible.
There are sections of this membership area that are devoted to theory and the historical development of this field including an analysis of the precursors and the history of hypnosis. There is a focus upon the hotly debated ‘state vs nonstate’ discussions and we examine a very wide range of theories and approaches to the field clinical hypnosis (we cover neo dissociative theories, psychodynamic theories, expectancy theories, compliance theories, sociocogntive theories, scientific theories and much more besides). As well as examining the traditional notion of the use of hypnosis with psychosis and neuroses, we evaluate thoughts and stances on the contraindications of hypnosis and hypnotherapy and of course, we highlight the indications – areas of high efficacy for clinical hypnosis, according to research. We examine hypnosis as a phenomena, look at factors influencing hypnotisability, examine the notion of depth and evaluate scales used for examining levels of hypnosis depth as well as looking at hypnosis and brainwave activity. This leads us nicely onto to assessing what fMRI, EEG and PET scan technology has been able to tell us about hypnosis and it’s effects upon the brain.
Strong Evidence-Based Content:
As much as is possible throughout all the trainings we deliver and at the heart of most of the material within this programme, is an ongoing attempt to adhere to the evidence-base of this field. The field of hypnotherapy boasts a much more impressive evidence base than most people realise (though we’d like it to be more impressive and substantial!). We offer up ways of using the evidence and point out if something lacks evidence. Being a healthy skeptic is championed by Adam throughout his trainings and he lectures on and extols the virtues of critical thinking when it comes to therapy, our approach to therapy, and our lives in general.
Adam also disseminates his own ground breaking research findings and discusses his academic publications and experiences.
Developing An Effective, Professional Business:
If students of this college go on to have a thriving, successful career, it reflects well upon this college and the field of hypnotherapy in general. For that reason, we include lots of material within this membership site that shows you how to create a highly professional and credible career. We examine how to best set up your working environment, how to be perceived as credible even when just starting out as a therapist and look at how to use that credibility and professionalism to have more conventional medical agencies refer you clients.
As you’d expect, a number of core, fundamental but incredibly important core skills for any therapist are included. We have video footage of modules focusing on classic counselling skills which are taught and evaluated. Skills and theories on developing a therapeutic working alliance are examined (from Bordin’s original theories to more modern proponents and research findings). There is plenty of focus upon information gathering processes as well as an examination of various standardised assessment techniques and protocols from varying fields such as those used in CBT, MMT, NLP and other therapeutic modalities too. We look at classic mental state examination, mood measuring protocols and a variety of other ways of assessing a client’s well-being and ensure we are equipped well enough to make quality decisions on our treatment plan for our clients going forward. We examine a variety of ways to constructs a basic hypnotherapy session and look at ways of agenda setting, goal-setting, conceptualising hypnosis to clients, inoculating against objections or resistance, educating clients, creating correct expectancy, establishing ways of measuring therapeutic outcomes and agreeing upon a treatment plan with your client. At assessment time, we also look at the processes of teaching clients hypnotic skills, the usefulness of susceptibility scales and suggestibility tests too. Whilst looking at assessment techniques and options, we also look at a wide variety of ways to use questioning. We examine basic open and closed questioning techniques, cartesian logic questions as well as more therapeutic styles of questioning such as socratic questioning techniques and NLP’s meta model questions. We equip students with the ability to identify the types of information that is elicited from differing types of questions used in assessment, and assess the viability and usefulness of information that the client shares. Other core skills may not seem all that exciting, but we do our best to make them as appealing as possible. We examine a number of standardised reflective practice processes (something all therapists should engage in to ensure they are aware of the effectiveness of what they are doing), approaches to supervision and various models of supervision, continued professional development and how to use it for the most benefit to you and your clients.
As well as two full hypnotherapy diploma course video recordings and all the inductions, deepeners and hypnotic phenomena demonstrated in there, we also have two additional seminars delivered by Adam and award-winning Magician and hypnotist James Brown demonstrating many, many inductions for use in a therapeutic environment as well as a wide range of applications for hypnotic skills for your clients to learn. It includes a wide array of hypnotic phenomena (catalepsy, analgesia, amnesia, hand stick, pen stick, foot stick, jumping pulse and much more) …. Inductions include – eye fixation, magnetic hands, eye catalepsy, eye lock, breathing inductions, rapid inductions, arm lowering, pattern interrupt inductions, rubber band induction, spinning hands, coin drop induction, hand drop, 8 word induction, somatic awareness induction, direct gaze induction, as well as numerous inductions only ever seen by members of the audience at James’ shows or clients in Adam’s therapy rooms. This footage is also advanced with the addition of key principles and rationale which sits behind the use of inductions. Each induction is explained and illustrated with a full demonstration of each one. Additionally, there are a wide range of other hypnotic skills. We examine the signs of hypnosis and give you a wide array of ways to prove to a client they are (and have been) hypnotised – we are amazed at how many people say they went to see a hypnotherapist and although it was relaxing, they were not sure if they were definitely hypnotised! With these skills, your clients will never think such a thing. We look at the CBH notion of hypnotic skills training and expand upon some of Emile Coué’s mental imagery skills. Whilst at it, we look at the science and art of suggestion; classic rules of suggestion and hypnotic principles, the types of and varying forms of suggestion. Importantly, we also look at how to deal with resistance and the differing forms it can take.
Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy:
In addition to the heavy content within the diploma trainings from the field of Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy, there is also full video footage of Adam’s five day Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy training certification programme too. To give you a flavour of some of what is included there:
- The evidence for the use of mindfulness, how to use it and some specific applications – as well as other awareness experiments from the field of Gestalt therapy, and it’s use in identifying cognitive distortions.
- A variety of approaches to relaxation therapy (including demonstrations of how hypnosis advances relaxation) and the use of hypnotic desensitisation in the treatment of fears and anxiety disorders.
- Exposure therapy and various applications of it.
- Cognitive hypnotherapy. As pioneered by Beck and Ellis. We include the cognitive mood induction, the use of thought forms, thought disputation, identifying and updating negative cognition’s and how to teach clients the use of Socratic questioning techniques with their own cognitions. We also examine a variety of models for cognition that are prominent within the literature.
- The highly evidence based approach of problem solving therapy: how to use it as a stand alone approach, how to use it in a wider, overriding fashion to design your entire treatment plan and we examine the evidence for it and what the evidence tells us about how to best employ it in therapy.
- Assertiveness training. We examine the evidence and how to employ a number of standardised protocols for it’s use in therapy.
- Habit Reversal – one of the most evidence based techniques in dealing with unwanted habits.
- Mental Imagery Techniques – a wide variety of CBH mental imagery techniques are demonstrated and discussed from a variety of authors.
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy – we also look at this related field. We include the use of role play in therapy and role reversal exercises as well as further cognitive updating skills.
Self-Hypnosis and Hypnotic Skills Training: Full footage of Adam’s ‘Science of Self-Hypnosis seminar is included within the programme. It shows a very evidence-based approach to teaching yourself and clients self-hypnosis skills – which are proven to advance hypnotisability and responsiveness and ought to be skills that every hypnotherapist has.
There is full video footage of a complete NLP practitioner and Master level training too. This includes a massive array of stuff with mega jargonised titles that anyone new to the field will be baffled to read about, including: Presupposition of NLP And Well Formed Outcomes, NLP’s Sub-modalities, The Godiva Chocolate Pattern, Swish Patterns – A Variety of Means and Methods, Guidelines For Setting Anchors, Collapsing/Integrating Anchors, Values, Values Elicitation Exercises, Hierarchy of Values, Values Audit, Anti Values – What they are and how to use them, Chunking, The Meta Model, Distortions, Nominalisations, Mind Reading, Cause & Effect and Complex Equivalence, Presuppositions, Challenging Beliefs, Generalisations, Model Operators, Lost Performative, Deletions, Lack of Referential Index, Unspecified Verb, Meta Programmes, In depth analysis of the work of Milton Erickson and The Milton Model, Lack of Referential Index, Tag Questions, Pacing Current Experience and Leading Statements, Presuppositions, Subordinate Clause of Time, Ordinal Numerals, Awareness Predicates, Adverbs & Adjectives, Stacking Presuppositions, Conversational Postulates, Extended Quotes, Embedded Commands, Perceptual Positions, State Management & Elicitation, Use of Stories and Metaphors In Therapy, Embedding a Metaphor into Hypnosis, Re-framing, As If Frame, Dissociative Frames, Fast Phobia Cure, Timeline Therapy, Identifying Limiting Beliefs, Updating Limiting Beliefs, The Visual Squash, Practical Introduction to Limiting Beliefs, Dickens Pattern, Behavioural Flexibility, SCORE Model, Using SCORE With Teams and Dancing SCORE Pattern, Archetypes In Therapy, Exploring Archetypes, Archetype of Transformation, Creating The Archetype Story, Tracking Transitions, Identity Matrix… Every single one of these things is covered and taught within this membership site. If you want to know what any of it means, send us an email!
Traditional Approaches to Therapy:
We also cover a variety of better known and popular, traditional approaches to hypnotherapy. That includes teaching how to use a variety of regression therapy techniques (affect bridge, age regression, calendar years regression), inner child work, hypnoanalysis and more psychodynamic approaches to therapy. Often related to those approaches to therapy and with similar proponents authoring on the subjects, we also look at parts therapy (formalised protocols for it as well as NLP’s six step reframe with parts therapy) and approaches to it. This includes other therapeutic applications such as the Gestalt empty chair, for example.
Critique and Honest Appraisal:
There are many aspects of conventional hypnotherapy that lack evidence and the processes. Something lacking from most hypnotherapy trainings is an evaluation of the evidence base of what is being taught. A main ethos of this school is being able to see both sides of any debate, philosophy, stance or theory so throughout all the videos, you are given the academic critique and appraisal of research on the subjects taught. Therefore, as well as teaching some traditional approaches to therapy such as psychodynamic and regression procedures, we also give them a strong evidence-based critique – we look at issues of retraumatisation, false memory syndrome, the notions that hypnosis does not guarantee veracity of memory, informed consent issues and much more besides. We treat all approaches with the same rigour.
Specific Issues and Applications:
You are also given a number of masterclasses in using hypnotherapy to deal with specific issues. There are specific lectures and presentations that cover the following subjects in depth:
- Weight Reduction – including analysis of evidence base, examining the real sphere of competence for a hypnotherapist, a very wide variety of techniques for use with this application of hypnosis.
- Stop Smoking – look at the very real picture of what the research says and how to use the research to advance the efficacy of our treatments. Very wide array of differing techniques to use with stop smoking clients as well as a full methodology given that Adam uses with his clients.
- Self-Esteem – how hypnosis is used to build, develop and heighten self-esteem and confidence related issues. Lots of demonstrations of techniques for this application of hypnosis.
- Pain Management – examination of the evidence and discussion of what the evidence can tell us about how to use hypnosis for pain management and alleviation. Looking at a number of interventions to deal with different kinds of pain. How to conduct a correct assessment for dealing with pain clients. Looking at key ingredients of pain and discussion of common themes. We look at the role of placebo in detail (as is done to a lesser extent in many other facets of this programme) and includes practical demonstrations of impressive applications – including anaesthesia.
- Treating Depression – again, the evidence is examined and a number of key issues are explored. We look at categorisation of the medical profession, what the research and statistics tell us about depression, the symptoms and manifestation of depression. You are given a range of structured sessions for dealing with depression. We look at contributions of key authors to this application of hypnosis including Assen Alladin and Michael Yapko.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome – one of the areas cited as being supported by empirical evidence. We show that evidence, discuss it and look at a variety of ways to deal with IBS using hypnosis.
- Hypnotherapy with Children – evidence is looked at, we also examine the differing ways to use hypnosis with children. Includes a range of new inductions to use, ways to deal with children in the therapy room, how to make therapy most effective for a variety of age groups as well as ways of making your treatment plans child-friendly.
- Sports Hypnosis – Adam’s major contribution to the field of running and self-hypnosis has meant that world champion sports stars and world record holders have used his work to advance their performance. He references them and uses his own multi-marathon running experiences while also offering up a range of applications for hypnosis top sports people.
- Motivation – including a wide range of motivational strategies to use in therapy sessions and for clients needing it in areas of their lives.
- Anger – we dispute and challenge traditional models of ventilationist approaches to anger. We look at the evidence and how we can interpret that evidence to use hypnosis most effectively in this area. Health science is also examined in this topic as we look at the impact of anger upon the body.
- Insomnia – as well as our usual examination of evidence, we offer a very wide range of strategies designed at getting to sleep, sleeping for longer and getting back to sleep if disturbed. We also look at other therapeutic modalities’ approaches and examine classic sleep hygiene strategies too.
- Much More – we also examine applications of hypnosis in dealing with anxiety, stress and a range of other issues in a very comprehensive fashion.
Innovative and Experimental Techniques:
We also look at a number of techniques and strategies that do lack direct evidence but do have underpinnings or leanings that fit well with evidence based principles as well as techniques used with a lot of success by prominent therapists and authors. There are too many techniques and strategies to mention, but you’ll be delighted to discover them punctuating the video footage. There is so much more than just what is listed here though, each video has all manner of additional techniques, strategies and things you can learn.
If you wish to go on and take the full qualifications of any of the individual courses, you can do so for an additional fee and you’ll receive all the manuals, slides, handouts, coursework questionnaire and materials that are used in class.