I highlight these things articles often, but I wanted to write a brief article that had them all in the same place.
If you want to get a good feel for this college and our ethos and what we stand for, then have a read of these articles. They demonstrate so much of what we believe is important for the hypnotherapy field to develop credibly and effectively.
If you are a hypnotherapist, then I highly recommend the investment of 10 minutes of your time to read these articles, they are ram-packed full of useful information even if you do not choose to study with me, they’ll benefit you greatly:
1. Why All Hypnotherapists Need To Know What “Shoshin” Is.
2. Are Hypnotherapists Aware Of The Diversity Within The Field of Hypnotherapy? Is There More Than Erickson vs Elman?
3. Why Are Most Hypnotherapists Unaware of The Stroop Effect and It’s Importance To The Field of Hypnosis?
4. The Cult of Anti-Intellectualism and Ignorance In the Field of Hypnotherapy and Hypnosis.
5. Hypnotherapy Training: I’m Frothing at the Mouth About Why Hypnotherapists Need More Advanced Training.
6. Why Prominent Hypnotherapists and Hypnotherapy Training Schools Need To Know How To Take Criticism.
7. Why It Is Dangerous To Tread Water As A Hypnotherapist.
8. Are Hypnotherapists Intelligent Enough To See Both Sides?
9. What Can Hypnotherapists and Hypnosis Professionals Learn From Feuding Hypnotists?
10. Why “Science by Press Release” In The Hypnotherapy and Hypnosis Fields Frustrates Me.
11. Get It Here! Super Speedy Mega Hyper Quick Hypnotherapy!
12. Why We Need Much More Science and Scientific Thinking in the Hypnotherapy Field.
13. Scientifically Questioning ‘Regression To Cause’ Used By Hypnotherapists.
Yes, I know, this is a list of 13 and the article is entitled the “top ten”, big whoop, what you gonna do about it? (I added the eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth ones recently because I think they are so important and useful – and I feel so strongly about those topics).
Finally, were you taught the conscious/subconscious model of mind in your hypnotherapy training? Were you taught it like it was fact? Do you know, that model is not used by any academics, researchers or neuroscientists to explain hypnosis? Do you know the very damning evidence against that model of mind? Go and have a watch of this video for more on that topic:
The Conscious and Unconscious: Is It Time Hypnotherapists Stopped Explaining the Mind This Way?
Already qualified as a hypnotherapist? Want to really immerse yourself in the field of hypnotherapy? Access all our hypnotherapy diploma courses, advanced seminars, lectures, attend live monthly webinars, group supervision and have access to guest lectures from leading authors, academics and researchers from the field of hypnosis in our hypnotherapist development hub.
Have some of themes here resonated with you? Then have a read of these pages:
1. Are you a hypnotherapist looking for stimulating and career enhancing continued professional development and advanced studies?
Adam Eason’s Anglo European training college.
2. Are you a hypnotherapist looking to fulfil your ambitions or advance your career?
Hypnotherapist Mentoring with Adam Eason.
3. Likewise, if you’d like to learn more about self-hypnosis, understand the evidence based principles of it from a scientific perspective and learn how to apply it to many areas of your life while having fun and in a safe environment and have the opportunity to test everything you learn, then come and join me for my one day seminar which does all that and more, have a read here: The Science of Self-Hypnosis Seminar. Alternatively, go grab a copy of my Science of self-hypnosis book.