Yes I do indeed get asked a lot about the best hypnosis books to buy to help become a hypnotherapist and learn hypnosis.
Here are the hypnosis books that I would most recommend, the important stuff for hypnotherapists and students of hypnosis:
– Hartlands Medical and Dental Hypnosis by Heap and Aravind
– Essentials of Clinical Hypnosis by Kirsch and Lynn
– Handbook of Hypnotic Suggestions and Metaphors by Corydon Hammond et al
For those interested in stage hypnosis and mentalism:
– Encylopaedia of Stage Hypnotism by Ormond McGill
– The Secrets of The Amazing Kreskin by Kreskin, of course.
Medical and scientific importance:
– Science and Pseudoscience in Clinical Psychology by Lynn, Lilienfield and Lohr (If your surname does not begin with the letter L, you are not allowed in their gang)
– DSM-IV – The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, the fifth edition is due out next year.
History of Hypnosis:
– Hidden Depths by Robin Waterfield
– The Discovery of Hypnosis: The Complete Writings of James Braid by Donald Robertson
For an exhaustive text on NLP:
– The Encylopaedia of Systemic Neuro Linguistic Programming and NLP New Code by Dilts and DeLozier
And I forget the book I referred to about self-hypnosis…
There are others I like, but all the above I love and deem important to the hypnosis student.
I am more than happy for others to share their favourites here too 🙂